Welcome back to Mealtime Monday. This week we tried Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Bell Peppers. I found this idea on Pinterest from the blog Peace, Love & Low Carb. So simple and and tasty!! Definitely something we will have again soon.
2 Bell Peppers
Roast Beef Lunch Meat
1/2 Onion, Diced
1 Tablespoon Butter
2 Cloves Garlic, minced
Salt & Pepper
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut your bell pepper in half and remove insides. Place bell peppers into a pot of boiling water. Boil lightly for 5 minutes. Remove from water and set aside on a paper towel.
2. In a large skillet, add butter and olive oil over medium-high heat. Once butter is melted, add onion and garlic. Sauté until softened and lightly browned, approximately 15 minutes. Make sure to stir frequently to prevent burning.
3. Add sliced roast beef to the pan. Continue sautéing for about 10-15 minutes.
4. Once the meat is ready, place your bell peppers in a glass baking pan. Layer one slice of provolone into each bell pepper half.
5. Next split your meat mixture into the 4 bell pepper halves. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Place more provolone over the top of each pepper. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly and browned.
Next time we have these for dinner we will only make one bell pepper to share, each eating half paired with something light like fruit. This pepper was so good but also very rich. Enjoy