Happy Monday everyone…oops it’s Tuesday! With it being our Blogiversary today, I had to push Mealtime Monday to Tuesday so that we could have a stroll down memory lane and check out a few stats from our first year. Now on to a delicious recipe from Skinny Taste. Are you starting to see a trend? I found Gina’s blog a few months ago and I am obsessed! Everything we have tried has been amazing and this recipe is no different; Skinny Taste Jalapeno Popper Chicken. I will admit that I adjust the recipe a little bit, making it a bit less healthy than the original.
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 jalapeño diced without seeds
- 3 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 4 oz shredded sharp cheddar (I use Tillamook)
- 2 tbsp scallions, diced
- 1 large chicken breast pounded thin & cut in half
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- Juice of 1 1/2 limes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- olive oil non-stick spray
- salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450°. Prepare a glass baking dish by spraying it with a coating of cooking spray. In a bowl, mix together olive oil, lime juice, salt & pepper. Set aside.
2. In a second bowl, mix together cream cheese, cheddar, scallions, jalapeño, and bacon. This will be the filling for your chicken. Set aside.
3. Take your chicken breast and pound to make it thin, but we careful not to go too far as it will start to tear apart. Cut in half to make two chicken rolls.
4. Place a heap of the jalapeño cheese mixture onto each chicken piece.
5. Roll chicken into a tight bundle using wooden tooth picks to secure the ends. Make sure to close as much as possible to keep the yummy cheese from oozing out.
6. Dip into the lime/oil mixture and roll in bread crumbs. Place onto your glass cooking pan coated in cooking spray.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through. Remove toothpick and enjoy! I like to serve with a light side like green beans or fruit.