Who doesn’t love a hearty, slow cooker soup. This has become one of my favorite meals and a staple each fall & winter. It is packed full of veggies and so flavorful! Even better, it can be prepped and frozen for later use to save time.
1/2 pound Italian Sausage
6-10 cups of Beef Broth
2 Cups Stewed Tomatoes
2 Cups Tomato Sauce
2 Zucchini, Chopped
1 Large Onion, Diced
2-3 Carrots Chopped
1 Bell Pepper, Chopped
1.5 Cups Chopped Celery
2 Teaspoons Sugar
1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
1 Teaspoon Dried Parsley
1 Teaspoon Dried Basil
2 Cloves Minced Garlic
2 Cups Frozen Cheese Tortellini
Grated Parmesan Cheese (to top)
1. In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown the Italian sausage. Add to your crockpot.
2. Prep all the veggies. Add zucchini, onion, carrots, celery & bell pepper to the slow cooker on top of the meat.
3. Next add minced garlic, dried herbs, stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, sugar and beef broth. Stir to combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or until the veggies are tender.
4. Cook your frozen tortellini according to the package.
5. Drain and add to the crockpot and cook on high for 30 minutes longer.
6. Top with Parmesan cheese and enjoy!
**If you are prepping it for freezing, skip browning the meat and simple place all of your diced veggies into a large Ziploc bag. Add 2 cups of frozen tortellini to a smaller bag and place inside with the veggies. List your directions out on the bag and freeze. When ready to cook, place the frozen veggies in the slow cooker along with the browned meat and other ingredients. Make sure to allow and extra hour of cook time as it takes longer for frozen veggies to thaw and cook.