Welcome back to Mealtime Monday! If visiting for the first time, I challenged myself this year to try at least one new recipe each week to broaden my base of go to recipes and work my way through the stack of magazine pages I have collected over the years. Each Monday I come here and share my new creation. You can browse all the Mealtime Recipes here. This week comes from a Cooking Light recipe, Cilantro Lime Chicken with an Avocado Salsa.
- 2 Bonelesss, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 Tablespoons Minced Cilantro
- 3 1/2 Tablespoons Lime Juice (1 T Reserved for Salsa, 2 1/2 for Marinade)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- Cooking Spray
- 3/4 cup Diced Tomato
- 1 Tablespoon Diced Onion
- 1 Avocado, Peeled and Chopped (you can just use 1/2 an avoacado, but I like a lot of salsa)
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
1. Juice your limes. Pour 2 1/2 Tablespoons into one bowl for the marinade and 1 Tablespoon into another bowl for the salsa.
2. Taking the 2 1/2 Tablespoons lime juice bowl; add olive oil, cilantro and salt. Stir to incorporate.
3. Add your raw chicken breasts to the marinade. Slosh them around to get full coated. Let stand for 3-5 minutes.
4. Take a large skillet over medium/high heat. Spray pan with a coating of cooking spray. Add chicken to the pan. Cook 6-10 minutes each side, or until done.
5. Meanwhile, you can make the salsa topping. Taking your 1 T. lime juice, add tomatoes, onion & avocado. Mix together gently and season to taste with salt & pepper.
6. Place chicken on your plate and top with the avocado salsa. I just love the fresh citrus-y flavor of the chicken and salsa. This meal is great accompanied by saffron rice. Enjoy!