Heaven in a bite. Bacon, with oozing cheese and a little kick from jalapeno. So easy and so good!
My sister’s family was supposed to come visit for the Superbowl, but unfortunately they all came down with the flu and had to cancel. No fun having a 3 year old with an ear infection at a Superbowl party. So, when they visited a few weeks ago, her only request was to have appetizers for dinner to make up for missing out. Being that I LOVE appetizers, I was happy to oblige. We decided to try out a few new recipes including cheeseburger sliders, and after looking at bacon wrapped jalapenos on Pinterest, I knew we had to give these lovelies a try. I could not find an exact recipe to follow, so I decided to wing it and they came out great!
Ingredients (makes 12 poppers):
12 Slices Center Cut Bacon
4 Ounces Less Fat Cream Cheese
1/4 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1/4 Cup Shredded Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
Salt & Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash thoroughly and pat dry your jalapenos with a paper towel. Cut off the stems and slice in half.
2. Remove the seeds and membrane inside each jalapeno, leaving a small layer near the top to create a hollowed out boat to be stuffed. Removing the membrane & seeds helps to mild the heat as well.
3. In a bowl, mix together cream cheese, cheddar cheese and mozzarella. Season with salt & pepper.
4. Stir together until all ingredients are well incorporated. This will be the filling for your peppers.
5. I find the next step to be most easily done by hand. Take a dollop of the filling and press into the jalapeno half.
6. Repeat for all jalapenos.
7. Taking a uncooked slice of bacon start at one end of the pepper and proceed to wrap around.
8. Each pepper should end up well covered in bacon, which helps to look in the cheesy filling while baking.
9. Use a toothpick in each to secure the bacon. Place in a glass baking dish.
10. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until bacon is fully cooked and crisp.
11. Serve & enjoy! These are so incredibly delicious. I can’t wait for another excuse to make them again