I finally did it. I purchased my very own sewing machine! More on it later as I get it out of the box and learn how to turn it on. In the meantime I ordered a bunch of fabric and I have been busy planning away my projects. To kick it off, I really want to make an apron. I cook every day, but still do not have one. So, I high and low and came up with my top 7 inspirations for creating my very own apron. Some of these sites even have tutorials to make it easier for the novice seamstress like me!
1. Anthro Knock-Off Apron by Blue Robin Cottage – I LOVE this one! so cute with the ruffles on the bodice and edges plus the mustard color is perfect. I know this one was designed for a child, but make it into an adult size and I would wear it
2.Flirty Apron Tutorial from Dating Divas – This looks like a great one for a beginner like me. Kristen gives a great, full blown tutorial with pictures to show exactly how it is made.
3. Simple Apron Pattern from Sugar Bee Crafts – So cute, especially in this amazing chicken print fabric!
4. Super cute apron from Alyssa B Young – I know for my first apron I want a full body one, but in the future I plan to make a cute little half apron like this too. Love the fabric choices!
5. Apron Pattern from the Crafts Department at Martha Stewart created by Ink & Spindle – My favorite. This site has a great tutorial and I love the amount of coverage this apron provides for both cooking & crafts.
6. Amy’s Apron Tutorial from Wholly Kao – I love how classy this apron feels and heart shaped neckline gives it a sweet appeal. The fabric adds to the overall look and makes for a perfect little apron. She has a great tutorial you can download too for help in making this design.